SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION / INNOVATIONS
- volved a method to create DTM from satellite data without sensor model.
- Evolved methodology to map electric poles in GIS environment.
- Evolved a Method of Rectification of Digital Images, which gives better Accuracy than already Existing Methods. Also this Method can be used for Registration of Images in GIS and Conversion in Projection System.
- Evolved Method to find Eccentricity of Overhead Water Tank.
- Evolved a Method for Route Alignment using Modern Techniques i.e. GIS, RS, DTM etc.
- Evolved a Method for Route Layout using Total Station & Computer Cartography
- Evolved a Method for Fixing Random Route Points using Single GPS.
- Evolved a Method to Generate Stereo Images from Topographical Map.
- Evolved a Modified Method for Photogrammetric Evolution of Surveying Observation.
- Evolved Models for Inclined Plane and Oblique Plane for Engineering Drawing Course
All these are long lasting Technological contributions.
- Using the Developed Methods some Projects of National Importance e.g.
(i). Reconnaissance Survey of New BG Railway Line from Jammu to Poonch,
(ii). Reconnaissance Survey of New BG Railway Line from Rishikesh to Karanprayag,
(iii). Preliminary Engineering Survey for Gauge Conversion from NG to BG from Guler to Jogindernagar &
(iv). Preliminary Engineering Survey for New BG Railway Line from Baijnath to Bilaspur
were done under consultancy. These are not merely consultancy projects. These can be rightly classified as Research Projects. A study of project reports would reveal the application of Modern Techniques i.e. Remote Sensing, Global Positioning System, Geographical Information System, Digital Terrain Model etc. at its best. The work had to be done according to Indian Railway Engineering Code and Schedule of Dimensions (maxm & minm) etc. requiring a great skill for locating gradients, curves, tunnels, bridges (minor & major), station yards etc. in hilly terrain. Impressed with the Work Done, the IRCON International Ltd. has signed a MOU with us to carry out such Works in Foreign Countries.
- A Changed Alignment is proposed on Already Approved Jammu to Shrinagar Alignment by the Railway Board. The proposed Alignment reduces the cost of Suspension Bridge on Tawi River from more than 200 crore to 25 crore-pier Bridge. (M.Tech. Dissertation)
- A Shorter Rail Route from Delhi to Dehradun is proposed bypassing Saharanpur, which will Reduce about 1 hour Journey Time. (M.Tech. Dissertation)
- A Shorter Rail Route is proposed from Delhi to Ranchi. In Ghat area the Track Length is Reduced from 200 km to about 100 km. (M.Tech. Dissertation)
- A Graphical Railway Time-Table is proposed which will show the Shortest Route between Two Stations on the Railway Map. (M.Tech. Dissertation)
- Worked as GIS Consultant to Jharkhand Government. I have Proposed Methodology for GIS implementation in the State. The bottleneck in Base Map Accuracy will be solved by the Method evolved by me in my PhD work